Out of 3 daughters Mimi is our middle child, older sister Iza by 3 minutes and a younger sister Magi by 3 years. Mimi was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on August 12, 2009. After 2 years, 2 months and 26 days on November 6th, 2011 she took her last chemo pill and is considered OFF Treatment! This is our story of our journey through childhood cancer.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Twin Power!

I decided to make this page a little more "pretty".

Also because Iza has asked why there is only a picture of Mimi on this page I fixed it right after she made that comment. This cancer has not only changed Mimi's life but all of us and I think Iza is having a real tough time with it and is unable to express her feelings. She has been throwing tantrums over nothing and everything, part of it might be the age but I think seeing her best buddy, her double, her wombmate go through a drastic change is huge to her. I sometimes think Iza feels Mimi's pain, Mimi is too tired to deal with it and Iza cries for her. I am amazed at the twin bond more than ever.

I have put my self in her shoes a couple of times and I cry everytime I think what she is going through... One day she is spashing around in a pool with her sisters and friends the next day her sister is in a hospital for 10 days and when Mimi came home she was tired, sad, upset and was not her usual feisty self. Since August things have gotten "better" they do have their regular "Mommy she is LOOKING at me!" and "That is my side of the couch!" those times are back and I am good with that!



Sister Power! Iza (with a SUPER SIBS Tattoo)


While Mimi was getting a transfusion a couple of weeks ago
Iza came to hang out at the hospital with her.
They watched a movie, ate lots of ice cream and confused alot of nurses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment