Out of 3 daughters Mimi is our middle child, older sister Iza by 3 minutes and a younger sister Magi by 3 years. Mimi was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on August 12, 2009. After 2 years, 2 months and 26 days on November 6th, 2011 she took her last chemo pill and is considered OFF Treatment! This is our story of our journey through childhood cancer.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back to Massachusetts...

I have not been able to update for several reasons. Some of them are, 5 bags to unpack (we left with two) groceries, back to work, and the gorgeous weather that followed us back has been keeping us outside in the sun. 80s in April around here in not a regular temperature!

I don't know where to begin to start telling stories from our amazing trip. First of all we are so grateful to everyone who made this trip possible from Child Life that told us about it and helped fill out the paper work to the "Wish People" from Make A Wish who did all the arrangements. Dottie and a bunch of great friends and family members who contributed to the full princess makeovers. The most amazing place Give Kids the World, they truly did give our kids the world and added a cherry on top!


This week I realized how much our family had suffered the past couple of months, we were able to reconnect and have carefree fun at the Give Kids the World Village and all the fun places they had to offer. We came home refreshed, although Dan might still be recovering from the Disney crowds. We are back in Massachusetts, as Magi told everyone that would listen, and our batteries have been recharged to keep on going!


Without further delay here is our story in pictures of course. Get your popcorn and enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. if it was even half as awesome as that slideshow pictures, I can't imagine how long they'll remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so magical! i had tears in my eyes. what a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok 1. It makes me happy you went to gatorland because that is THE best place (besides disney world) to visit in florida. I also bawled because I was so happy to see how energetic and happy and carefree your whole family was during your trip. I am glad you have so many memories that will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, you have such a beautiful family! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

    Jene'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, I cannot see this from work, but I will check it out tonight :) I'm so happy you guys got to have a fantastic, care-free vacation.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man!!! I can't see it on my phone!! Can't wait to see it tonight!!! Sounds like a blast!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. That brought me to tears, Kat, the whole family looks so happy -- I am crying now.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for emailing me. Millie was just made a wish kid! She hasn't made her wish yet, but we are so excited for her. I cried like a baby watching your video. I feel like I do so well at holding it together, but today I am a bit of a mess. Thank you for finding us. I'll email our address, Millie would love a note from your Mimi.

    ReplyDelete