Out of 3 daughters Mimi is our middle child, older sister Iza by 3 minutes and a younger sister Magi by 3 years. Mimi was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on August 12, 2009. After 2 years, 2 months and 26 days on November 6th, 2011 she took her last chemo pill and is considered OFF Treatment! This is our story of our journey through childhood cancer.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Waiting for a plan.

Late this morning we found out from the doctors the bacteria on the blood culture is gram-negative, right now we are waiting for Infectious Disease (sounds scary) to go into the lab and I guess confirm that. If it is in fact that, I believe the plan is that Mimi will go home and a nurse will come to the house and teach us how to administer the antibiotics daily to Mimi through her port. But we are still waiting for a definite plan.

Mimi's counts have dropped since Monday, when we came in her Neutrophils were around 3500 right now they are around 700, which probably means her body is trying to fight this, all chemo is on hold so she can have something to fight this infection with.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot to take in.... I can't even imagine how you guys feel. I kept hoping it would be contaminated and she'd be totally fine. I hope that you still get to go home today though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i can help in any way just let me know, I should be out of work at a normal hour...I hope everyone will be home soon, safe and sound, and that her counts go back up!!

    Eryn

    ReplyDelete