Out of 3 daughters Mimi is our middle child, older sister Iza by 3 minutes and a younger sister Magi by 3 years. Mimi was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on August 12, 2009. After 2 years, 2 months and 26 days on November 6th, 2011 she took her last chemo pill and is considered OFF Treatment! This is our story of our journey through childhood cancer.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Clinic Day (Yesterday)

Quick visit. Mimi got accessed while Iza and Magi watched. One one hand I am glad they are not scared of the whole needle and blood thing but than I wonder if I should worry that they think it is really interesting... Later that day all the dolls were getting ports and "vis-crint-ines"

While we waited for counts to come back all three girls were treated to hand massages. Counts came back good enough to continue all our meds (Methotrexate and Mercaptopurine) plus start Dexamethasone (steroid) for 5 days as well. Yey! So far after 3 doses Mimi's Super Smell is back and she was not a fan of my "hospital" smell when I came back from work today.

Counts:
WBC - 2.2
Hgb - 10.6
Platelets - 177
Neutrophil - 1100

1 comment:

  1. Mimi's super smell is amazing and cracks me up. I'm glad everything is ok after her quick hospital stay

    ReplyDelete