Out of 3 daughters Mimi is our middle child, older sister Iza by 3 minutes and a younger sister Magi by 3 years. Mimi was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on August 12, 2009. After 2 years, 2 months and 26 days on November 6th, 2011 she took her last chemo pill and is considered OFF Treatment! This is our story of our journey through childhood cancer.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Unscheduled Clinic Visit

Since about Sunday Mimi has not been feeling great. Headaches, random pains all over, cough, no appetite, trouble sleeping, pale... all things that have been keeping me up at night with an uneasy feeling. She was up most of Thursday night unable to sleep and was so exhausted in the morning that she asked if she can just rest and not go to school. She slept in and we went to clinic to get checked out. While she was getting ready in the bathroom she called me in and very calmly said "I think my hair might be falling out again" clumps of hair came out but she wasn't bothered my it at all. Kids amaze me daily.

The thought right now is that the newly added antibiotic caused all these issues. I think she got almost every side effect listed. Counts came back, higher than I ever remember, except her red count (Hgb) which went down due to the antibiotic. I have not heard back about her chest x-ray yet. Right now Dapsone has been withdrawn and she will start a monthly inhaled Pentamidine.

Magi went with us to clinic and made out like a bandit with stickers from the x-ray tech who was really nice and let the girls check out the "bones inside picture."

Counts:
WBC - 6.7
Hgb - 10.5
Platelets - 254
Neutrophil - 5300

No comments:

Post a Comment