Out of 3 daughters Mimi is our middle child, older sister Iza by 3 minutes and a younger sister Magi by 3 years. Mimi was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on August 12, 2009. After 2 years, 2 months and 26 days on November 6th, 2011 she took her last chemo pill and is considered OFF Treatment! This is our story of our journey through childhood cancer.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend of Changed Plans.

Friday (4/29) night Iza and Mimi were having a sleepover at the neighbors upstairs. Mimi enjoyed the sleepover until about 5am, I heard her footsteps coming down, she said she missed me and puked at my feet... which usually means fever. Sure enough 102.5, I made the necessary phone call, I packed her in the car and she was admitted around 6am.

It might say Miss Giggles on her pajamas but she was NOT Giggly at 6am.

Counts came back okay I thing ANC was around 750. By noon she was feeling much better just a junky cough but since she had a fever we were in there for at least 24 hours from last fever. Babcia came to visit while I took the other girls to a First Communion and made sure to take plenty of pictures for Mimi. I came back we swapped places and the girls went to have a sleepover at Babcia and Dziadziu's. Since we were inpatient we decided to do the Pentamidine inhalation treatment. The inhalation treatment will replace the daily antibiotic, we will do this once a month instead. I am hoping for no crazy side effects since this is antibiotic number 4. I was not there for the beginning of the treatment but got there right at the end and the minute Mimi saw me she just broke into tears. Poor thing, I think it was mostly that I wasn't there (my mom was) and this was all new to her. After some hugs she was back to herself and excited about having a hospital movie night with Auntie Tracy.

Magi was just going with the flow for most of the weekend but poor Iza was an emotional wreck. She missed me and Mimi, didn't really know what she wanted. Since I knew Mimi was fine at the hospital and some one was there to be with her, I had to take care of Iza. She is a sensitive little girl and is not always able to express her feelings. Sunday was special for her we spent it at a Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser for Cancer Free Kids. Iza and Magi had a great time eating loads of pancakes, on the wagon ride, and watching the trains.
Magi and Iza enjoying some pancakes and milk in the sun.

All in all we got to do the things we were suppose to just minus a kid, but thanks to the wonderful nurses and child life she did not even thing she was missing out on anything. She was discharged in time to come home and enjoy dinner and cake for Daddy's Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment