Out of 3 daughters Mimi is our middle child, older sister Iza by 3 minutes and a younger sister Magi by 3 years. Mimi was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on August 12, 2009. After 2 years, 2 months and 26 days on November 6th, 2011 she took her last chemo pill and is considered OFF Treatment! This is our story of our journey through childhood cancer.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Clinic Day. Sunny Day.

This morning was a count check, since last week ANC (neutrophils) were at 290 which put her daily chemo pill on hold. Today ANC was not great but high enough to continue her MP6 (Mercaptopurine) and weekly dose of Methotrexate.

We also went over to get an x-ray. Lately Mimi has been complaining of her heel hurting, it does not effect her "monkeyness", but she does complain and I have also noticed she walks and runs funny. I will call in the morning tomorrow to get the results from the x-rays.

On the way home she asked "So, how many neutrophils do I have today?" I told her and she replied "Oh 900 is more than 290! so that is good, so I have to take my pill at night right?" Mimi hears the nurses and doctors talk about numbers and it amazes me how she listens and remembers all the information.

After clinic today we went to a park and she ran around keeping up with her sisters and friends but was wiped out on the way home!

Today's Counts:
WBC - 2.2
Hgb - 12.5
Platelets - 150
Neutrophil - 900

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun at the park with you guys, and I'm glad her counts are better so she can come out to play!

    ReplyDelete